Students Group Accident Insurance Policy A.Y. 2018-19
A Student Council is a representative structure for students only, through which they can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students.In order to ensure democratic atmosphere in the campus, the college has Students’ Council right from its inception.The purpose of the Student Council is to:
- Offer all students a forum to have their opinions heard and their views taken into account when decisions are made.
- Partner teachers in the learning experience.
- Help reinforce aspects of citizenship.
- Empower students; improve social skills, confidence, knowledge and transferable skills in a range of areas.
- Take an active role in the democratic processes of the school.
- Help students personalize and co-produce their education.
- Effective communicator
- Leader or leadership potential
- Values teamwork and works best this way
- Persistent and doesn’t give up too easily
- Problem solver and uses intelligence adaptably
- Creative and critical thinker
- Enjoys challenges and hard work
- Honest and has integrity
- Reliable, organized and good time management
- Fair and non- judgemental
Members of Students’ Council-
- Principal –Chairman
- One Lecturer nominated by the Principal
- Teacher-In-Charge of Extension Activity
- One student from each class, who has shown academic merit at the examination held in the preceding year and who is engaged in full time studies in the college nominated by the Principal
- Director of Sports and Physical Education,
- One student from each of the following activities, who has shown outstanding performance, nominated by the Principal namely:
- Extension Activity;
- Cultural Activities
- Two Lady students nominated by the Principal Provided that, two of the students from the categories VII and VIII shall be those belonging to the Scheduled caste or scheduled Tribes or De-notified Tribes(Vimukta Jatis)or nomadic Tribes or other Backward Classes.
Scholarship Facility is available from Social welfare Department for students after fulfilling necessary conditions and norms laid down from time to time.
For more detail please visit following links. https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/login/login
College has introduced Yuva Insurance scheme as per the Circular issued by University of Mumbai.
MODALITIES OF GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME
- Scheme will be called as YUVA RAKSHA GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME FOR STUDENTS. THIS POLICY IS DESIGNED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI.
- University of Mumbai has recognized “The National Insurance Company Ltd. and The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd,” official agencies (The addresses are mentioned below for your ease of reference its mandatory.)
- The Scheme is Mandatory all Principals/Heads/Directors are requested to charge the students at the time of admission only for the scheme. (vide Circular No.Concol/fee/292/of 2008) It shall be obligatory that the students are covered under this scheme.
- The Scheme is applicable to all students admitted in the affiliated colleges/ Institutions/Departments of the University of Mumbai, vide circular No. CONCOL/Fee/292/of 2008 dated 7th July, 2008)
- Principals of Colleges will implement the scheme at their level and He/She will sign the M.O.U. (Memorandum of Understanding) with the company that He/She deems fit.
- At the Departments the Head of the Departments will sign and implement the scheme while the Institute Directors will be implementing the Scheme and also be its signatory to MOU.
- The Scheme will be implemented year wise (12 months) and is to be renewed every year. The Principals/Heads/Directors will collect the amount of premium at the time of admissions of the students and the same will be sent to the Insurance Company for the academic year 2012‐13.
- The Registration form will be issued at the time of admission to cover the students under the Scheme.
- Designated College will collect the premium amount from students at the time of admission when the fees are collected in case Department/Institute/College wants to pay premium in advance the same will be accepted as a deposit premium in academic year started only given to letter and cheque of the college authority and list will be sent to completed at the admission process and risk will be covered on the day a cheque issued and given to the insurance company.
- The premium will be sent in below given the address and mentioned person no other agent or person given the premium.
Premium rates are mentioned below:
|Sr. No||Scheme||Sum Insured for||Premium per annum per student|
Directors/Heads of the University Departments and Principals of Colleges shall deduct sum of Rs.3 (Rupees Three only) at their level of premium collected from the students as administrative charges. The Policy will cover the following three contingencies in case of Accidents.
- A. 100% coverage in case of sad demise of the insured.
- B. 100% coverage for permanent disability (Disability means loss of limbs, loss of eye sight or sense of hearing or paralysis).
- C. 100% coverage for hospitalization expenses arising out of accidents which includes cost of medicines as well as expenses for Doctors fees. Accidents death includes Rail/Road/Air Accidents injury due to any violent collision, Accidents while crossing road, Fall injury due to fire, Explosion, Snakebite, Frostbite Burn injury, Drowning and Poisoning. Accidents while sightseeing, tour or excursion, swimming, NSS Camps / NCC Camps/Sports Activities. Natural calamity, riots but it will not include suicide or attempt to suicide. These are only illustrative and not an exhaustive list of types of accidents.
These are only illustrative and not an exhaustive list of types of accidentsWomen Development Cell
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and teaching women MCT staff.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To encourage participation of NGOs working in the area of women’s development in the activities of the Cell.
- To organize seminars, workshops for creating general awareness and orientation of students, teachers , non-teaching staff for their active and sustained participation in the activities of Cell.
- To organize various types of training programmes and create awareness about self-employment schemes for the encouragement of self-reliance among women.
|2||Mr Nitin Angolkar||Management representative|
|3||Mr Sushil Mishra||Management representative|
|4||Mrs Sindhu Thomas||Member|
|5||Mrs Supriya Kasbe||Member|
|6||Dr Rachana Patil||Member|
|7||M/s Akansha Tupe||Student representative|
|8||M/s Poonam Satyam||Student representative|
|9||Mr Sudhir Dasgaonkar||Male Member|
Activities of Women Development Cell
Self Defence Workshop
Commemoration of International Women’s Day
Research Paper Presentation on “ Contribution of Women in Nation Building”
Presentations on the Theme “ Women Icons of India”.
Anti Ragging Committee
The college has Anti ragging Cell to prevent ragging in college premises
Anti-Ragging Committee :
|1||Mrs Bhavna Panchal||Co-ordinator|
|2||Dr Rachana Patil||Member|
|3||Mrs Sindhu Thomas||Member|
|4||Mrs Divya Belchada||Member|
|5||Mr. Ajit Singh||GS|
Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Cell -
- To take cognizance of any breach of discipline and suggest immediate disciplinary action in such cases.
- To implement and coordinate anti-ragging measures along with Convener and members of teaching staff, Students and Alumni.
- To decide the quantum of punishment to be imposed on the erring students.
- To monitor discipline among students' community in classroom as well as at other places.
- To conduct enquiries of the defaulter students against individual/ collective indiscipline
- Collection of relevant evidences of incidence of indiscipline
- Liaison with District administration in matters regarding law and order situation in the institute
To take preventive steps such as issue of notices, warnings, instructions, regulating certain actions etc. against individual or collective indiscipline